I'm just a couple days shy of a full six months post op with my penile implant. Wow, what a six months it has been. By a rough average, I have corresponded with almost 200 readers from around 30 countries. I wish all of you guys have as good a result with your surgery and implant as I have. I continue to enjoy my implant. I'm about a quarter inch in circumference greater in the circumference of my penis. I'm almost a 1/2 inch longer in length than my old length. I continue to exercise my penis with the implant daily and may be almost at the maximum length of my Ultrex implant with a little more left till I reach maximum. I'll get it stretched out to its max length and girth in a few months. We're visiting my daughter this weekend and the wife and I have taken a motel room over the Thanksgiving holiday. We are enjoying ourselves sexually as it's always fun having intercourse in a new bed. We definitely are in love with each other. God how I wish I'd had this implant in a 20 year old body. My wife and I both would have had trouble walking in the mornings. It may sound odd, but I so prefer the implant over the injections and over Viagra and cialis
. I don't have the crappy side effects of Viagra and cialis. And the erections are as hard as the injections, but I control the length of time of my erection. And their is no pain from the injection, and now at six months, the erections from the implant are so comfortable and spontaneous. I can still pump it so hard, that I could feel pain in the head of my penis, but that isn't necessary because a really hard erection can be had without any discomfort what so ever. My wife comments that she loves feeling me inside her and riding my erection to orgasm in the women on top position. There are some men who have lost some length in their penis with an implant. The reasons for this are:
1. Prostatectomy removal due to cancer. Occurs in about 30% of men.
2. Scarring due to Peyronie's Disease. Your Urologist should do a scar tissue analysis of your penis and give you an informed opinion on how this will affect your post op length.
3. Scarring within the penis due to injections of vasoactive drugs, i.e.; Tri-mix, Bi-mix, and Caverject. You should see your Uro twice a year the first two years of use of vasoactive drugs and then at least once a year thereafter and ask your Uro to check you for scarring. Very important.
4. Injury to the penis. Men have experienced injury during intercourse as well as a blow to the penis can cause serious injury and scarring inside your penis.
5. Long standing impotence with very few erections over time. The penis is a muscle that surrounds spongy tissue. It needs regular erections to stretch oxygenate the tissue. When we started puberty, we started a process of nightly erections. If you are having serious impotence, get a vacuum erection pump and pump up that penis into a hard erection on a daily basis. I had a vacuum pump. I didn't use it for intercourse prior to my implant, but I did use it for masturbation on a regular basis. It just feels good having a full erection. All men know that feeling. If intercourse doesn't look very likely, find a few private moments, get a good erection, and masturbate your penis to orgasm. Studies show its very good for both prostate and good penis health. Men have more issues with BPH or enlarged prostate than men who have daily orgasms, either from intercourse or masturbation. We get a lot of recommendations on maintaining our bodies health. None of them compare and are as enjoyable as a good orgasm either with our partner, or just by ourselves. At 16, you beat that penis so often you were lucky you didn't have carpal tunnel problems. You don't have to match that level for good penis health.
6. And last but not least, poor sizing of a man's penis by the implant surgeon. Before going in to see the surgeon, take out a tape measure and take pictures to show to your surgeon with the date and time the pictures were taken. Inform the surgeon that you expect to obtain very close and similar results with the implant. Let your doctor know that you expect very similar length and girth results following surgery. Tell your surgeon that you expect to be no more than a half inch within those measurements after 6 weeks postop. That is a very realistic expectation. If he has any reservations of meeting and obtaining those measurements post op 6 weeks, then he needs to tell you upfront why before you let him perform surgery. Write up what was said during the interview, date & time of the interview and date and time you are writing out your notes. Those notes are not discoverable should you be in the very small percentage that has a poor result and you are forced into litigation. This should be a very successful operation. Do your research. I've been through the implant experience. I wrote this blog to help any man contemplating this procedure to have access to my experiences as well as having other men's written experiences to learn from. We fill the gap where you can learn the things that you really want to know about before letting someone filet your penis. The penis is a measure of who we are as men and if you ask men, which if you had a choice, part of your body you can live without. Your penis is the one part of our body that goes way to the bottom of my list. I also want to make the request of my readers. If you have implant surgery and feel comfortable about telling your experiences with ED and your experiences having implant surgery. I would love to post your story on this blog site. And if you are comfortable taking pictures of your penis either before surgery and after surgery with the implant, I would love for you to email me at
I promise you anonymity. This site is not a porn site. Men who study the pictures and read the stories aren't men who are looking to get off on the pictures of your penis and mine. The men who come to this website are guys who are suffering with erectile dysfunction and are looking for a method of returning to sexually active men again. I also get emails from many spouses and partners of impotent men who thank me for keeping this site active to help other men world wide. They praise the men who tell their stories and find the pictures we have posted to be very reassuring. One of the most often asked question that I receive is about how their genitals will appear following implant surgery. I can tell them without any doubt in my mind that no one can tell if they have an implant through just looking. If you touch my penis, you can't tell their are two cylinders inside the shaft of my penis. All that anybody can tell is by feeling the pump inside of my scrotum. At six months, I no longer even think about the pump anymore. During the day, I don't even feel the implant inside my genitals and scrotum inside my pants. When I urinate, my penis feels normal, looks normal. My penis is fuller and is longer than I was flaccid prior to my implant. My penis flaccid stays about 4 inches long and is fuller than it was pre-implant. My penis definitely sticks out of my pants when I urinate and is pretty easy to find inside my underwear now. But is also normal looking and doesn’t look like I have an erection. I'm going to try and post my 6 month post op pics sometime this week. What a post implant penis that is well healed looks like. I also need to compile a Frequently Asked Questions Post on this blog to also help answer my readers questions.
Take care of your penis and enjoy it for a lifetime.
dr evil said...
I wish you would have placed this post before I had my surgery. Your advice on pre-op size pictures and documentation could have given me an extra 3cm. I have lost an 1 1/2 in. all because my doctor chose to go with the preconnected unit that AMS offers. The max length of tubes is 18 cm in this option. Eventhough AMS offers 21cm tubes which would have brought my loss up to 1/2 in.
Of course my doctors attitude is that my length is adequate and my remembered length is distorted. You see if a patient doesn't take the time to prove his pre-op size you have no contradictory evidence after the implant is in.
December 1, 2007 6:12 PM